Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Kimi's reponse to initial script

Thanks for the script! It’s a bit difficult for me to comment without actually seeing what’s going on, but I’ll try. I like inter-cutting with the Cixous … it brings a depth to the relationship between the waitress and customer. But in that vein, I kind of want to see that relationship evolve more ... to keep it from feeling too sado-masochistic. They do feel very distant from one another throughout (or is the dance when they become physically closer to one another and therefore psychologically closer? Is it the two of them against the researcher? What sparks this dance?) I think we need to consider carefully how the audience is invited to participate. In a sense, the Customer has become the Researcher. I almost feel like the audience ought to see the Customer shocking the Learner first. She apologizes to the Learner, and then surreptitiously invites the audience to do the same exact thing, thereby trying to relieve her guilt. The fear brings them together. One comment about objects … I think it might be more dramatic if you got plastic plates from Walmart (the kind for outdoors that look like they’re porcelein). When they fall they will clatter and make more of an impact. I’ll look into borrowing the portable audio recorder. What sort of tune should I use for the song? I’ll also look into that ibackup site. I think I need something like it for my Crane Wife project.

No comments:

Post a Comment